The student news site of C. Milton Wright High School

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

4th Quarter Burnout

Some Ways to Help You Stay Focused

Fourth quarter is almost here. But so are longer days, warm weather, and graduation. The school year is finally coming to an end! A lot of teachers say the fourth quarter is the hardest because students simply just stop trying. Most students are preparing for SAT tests and finals. There are new challenges to overcome every quarter. Here are some ways to help you stay focused in the upcoming fourth quarter. 

Setting goals. Setting academic goals for yourself is very important in staying focused. When you are working toward a larger goal that has personal significance for you, it is far simpler to maintain focus on a long or challenging task. Measurable goals let you monitor your progress and goal completion. Don’t forget to treat yourself as you work toward and accomplish your objectives. Setting objectives is important, but so is keeping your focus and dedication during challenging tasks when you know that the result will be positive. 

Take breaks. How can I get everything done in less time if I study less? Studies indicate that intentional breaks (ranging from five to sixty minutes) during study sessions improve energy levels, focus, and productivity by renewing the body and mind. 

Rest. Maintaining a regular sleep schedule will help you stay awake. You won’t understand all your teacher teaches if you’re tired in class. Absence of sleep causes one to become distracted. Your attention will be more on staying awake than on what you’re learning in class. 

You can unlock the door to greater achievement in life if you maintain focus in the classroom. Not only can learning good attention skills help you in school or college, but it will also allow you to take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself. By using these suggestions, you will become great at focusing in class and in other activities.