The student news site of C. Milton Wright High School

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Earth Day Every Day

Earth Day is celebrated by many communities, celebrating the Earth and the things that we can do for it. April 22nd is the day that we can celebrate the Earth. Our community, no matter how big or small, celebrates the Earth on this day, and the things that we can do to help keep our planet healthy.  

Our school community works hard to do correct trash and recycling processes. Our school’s Green Team will be doing “A Question a Day”, where they ask questions pertaining to the environment, and give ways to keep our earth green!  

A large Earth Day festival near us is the Aberdeen Earth Day Festival. On April 20th, 2024, the festival is held at the Aberdeen Festival Park. From 11am-3pm, this festival will be there to inform people how to reduce air pollution, protect our waters, and how to correctly recycle. Tickets will be for purchase to play games, and to win prizes! Food, crafts, games, and t-shirts will be featured at this event, so make sure to stop by!  

Stop by Jerusalem Mill to make your own seed bombs! The Miller’s House will feature a workshop where you can make your own seed bombs, that features many seeds of wildflower. The seed bombs can be planted, and you can watch your very own flowers bloom! Be sure to stop by on April 22nd! 

The Estuary Center is another hotspot for activities on the Earth Day weekend! They will have stations for Earth Day. These stations will include many different activities to do, like games, planting, tie dye, crafts and so much more! Stop by on April 22nd to enjoy the Earth Day fun! 

To do your part this Earth Day there are so many things that you can do! Planting a tree is great for the environment with so many benefits. Just one tree could make a difference! Recycling and throwing trash away correctly are one way to help reduce pollution throughout our environment.  

Joining clean up groups is a great way to do your part. The impact may look small, but for the Earth, it is a huge deal. All it takes is a people doing small things, to make one big difference.