The student news site of C. Milton Wright High School

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Other Zoey

A Romantic Comedy Mix-Up
The Other Zoey

The Sara Zandieh film, “The Other Zoey”, introduces us to Zoey, a smart nerd who doesn’t believe in romantic love, but rather in compatibility, due to her parents’ divorce.  When Zach, a soccer player, gets amnesia following an injury and confuses her for his girlfriend—who just so happens to be named Zoey—her life takes a drastically different turn. When Zoey is told not to stress Zach out because doing so could make his condition worse, she is left in a difficult situation. This leads her to pretend to be Zach’s girlfriend, even during a weekend ski trip with Zach’s family. During this trip, Zoey finds herself drawn to Zach’s cousin, with whom she shares a lot in common. However, after a surprising kiss and learning of his exiting relationship, Zoey starts to doubt her feelings.

As the weekend progresses, Zoey and Zach spend more time together, leading to an unexpected intimacy. Despite their differences, Zoey finds herself falling for Zach. The situation becomes more complicated when the real Zoey, Zach’s actual girlfriend shows up. Zoey confesses the truth to everyone, leaving Zach devastated as he had developed strong feelings for her. In the end, Zach breaks up with his actual girlfriend, and Zoey comes to apologize and confess her feelings. She admits that she had always thought she would fall for someone like her, but instead she fell for Zach, someone completely different. This realization is further cemented when Zoey’s mother reveals that love is never about having the same interests, but rather, the differences that kept a relationship fun and exciting.    

I thoroughly enjoyed watching “The Other Zoey.” The movie was a thrilling ride from start to finish, filled with unexpected twists that kept me guessing the suspense of when the real Zoey would find out about the mix up. The characters were well-developed, and the storyline was engaging. Overall, it was a watch that I highly recommend to anyone looking for a captivating movie.