The student news site of C. Milton Wright High School

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Club Life

Club Life

Highschool is known to be the greatest yet most difficult 4 years of your life. It is where individuals begin to discover who they really are and what interests them the most. When entering high schoo

l, you are exposed to this new level of independence, you are free to make choices of your own and be a part of what interests you specifically.  

Sometimes the academic life can be overbearing and you just need an outlet, or you can develop this feeling of loneliness being a tiny fish in a big pond. This is why clubs are something great to be a part of. 

Clubs improve your high school experience by allowing you to be a part of something bigger than yourself. There are many key benefits that individuals gain, such as critical thinking, problem solving, collaborative skills, building friendships, and making memories. 

Here at C Milton Wright Highschool we have about sixty club’s total ranging from class council, academics, honor societies, English and arts, math, music, world languages, science and engineering, and social clubs. 

Let us take a dive into 3 different clubs our school offers that would be great to participate in. 

Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA): 

“FCA is a student run organization that welcomes athletes (and non-athletes) to share in fun and fellowship of the Christian faith. Our mission is to unite our passion of faith and athletics, while serving others through community service.” 

Sponsor: Mrs. Shaffer 

Meeting Time/Place: Thursday mornings 7:00 am, Rm. 108 

STARS/SADD: 

“This club is open to all students. It is a student led club to assist peers to make responsible life choices.” 

Sponsor: Mrs. Bullis   

Meeting Time/Place: Meets Tuesdays 7:05 am in Room 111 

Green Team: 

“This is an environmental club whose task is to green CMW for MD Green School and USA Eco School awards.” 

Sponsor: Mrs. Martinek 

Meeting Time/Place: The 2nd Tuesday of the month from 2:00 – 3:00 pm in Room 351 

Our school has so much to offer with getting students involved. It is key to put yourself out there and joining something new so you can deepen your social and academic life by establishing new friendships while expanding your skills. 

If curious as to what other clubs C. Milton wright has, visit the website: https://cmhs.ss18.sharpschool.com/for_students/clubs to gain further knowledge on the variety of clubs that will be beneficial towards your high school years.