The student news site of C. Milton Wright High School

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Sliding Into The New Year

Baseball is getting ready to start up again. The Mustangs seem to have a lot of hope after having a fantastic season last year.  Baseball is always a spectacle, being huge in the hearts and minds of the people for years. Sophomore, Jack Oliver Kress says “I grew up watching Manny Machado and I knew I wanted to play baseball after that moment.” 

Last year, CMW went 18-6, making it to the final four in the playoffs and losing in the second round. This year, they have the championship in their sights, wanting nothing more than to take home the win in a game most people only dream about. Our current roster has some players who are sophomores who did well enough on JV (Brady Perry) and also some Juniors trying to get the attention of college scouts (Kevin Emerson). This team has had much previous success, but can they repeat it? 

Many people believe that they can, with a roster having lots of the same players who played when the lights were brightest. It’s possible that they make it back to the same spot or hopefully even farther than they went last year. Not to mention, the younger players can learn from those who were there first and could ride that success for years to come. This team undoubtedly has a good season ahead of them right now and certainly will have success for years to come. Let’s wish our Baseball team luck going into the season.