The student news site of C. Milton Wright High School

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Meeting on the Mat

Mustang Wrestlers Season Outlook

Wrestling is a great Winter sport. Two people with a shared goal, nothing but themselves to get in the way of success. It’s a sport meant for people who want to win but aren’t as interested in the team aspect. Wrestling is the perfect sport for those who love the feeling of winning, but love being able to put the outcome in their hands. C. Milton Wright has historically been a good school for wrestling, winning several state titles. 

So, how is our team looking this year? Well, our head coach John Thornton just got his 100th win versus Harford Tech, winning the match 42-34. This start to the season is great for momentum and just trying to use that against your opponent’s. The team is looking strong going into the rest of the season, also beating Catonsville 42-20. They are currently 2-0 and could continue to make a tear across the county on the way to the state championship. C. Milton Wright has, once again, another good team.  

The current head coach is showing that he is going to instill a winning mindset in the wrestling team which is just what is needed to help take them to the states. This team has some potential in it, with some strong fearless fighters ready to not just win but dominate every opponent they meet. We need to be there to support our C. Milton Wright mustangs in their journey to push through for wins this season