The student news site of C. Milton Wright High School

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Fall Sports Wrap-Up

Regionals & States For Some CMW Teams
Boys’ Volleyball
Coached by our own Rob Taylor, boys’ volleyball continued this year win another great season. The team went 12-2 in the regular season and beat NH in their 1st playoff game. Moving onto the second round of playoffs where they fought hard, but came up short against Harford Tech.
Field Hockey
Our girls’ field hockey team had an excellent season, after 3 straight early on losses, they won 9 in a row, earning them a 1st round bye in the playoffs.  They won the regional final game earning them Regional Champs.  They played a competitive Glenelg HS last week and unfortunately couldn’t pull out a win.  They end the season an excellent 10-3 with postseason and a Regional Champ title.
Boys Soccer
Ending the regular season 10-1-1, the boys’ soccer team were regular season conference champs for the Chesapeake Division. They were #1 in their region and defeated Fallston in their 2nd round playoff game.  They found a hard match vs. North Harford last week, but lost in 1-0 in OT.
Football
Our football team ended the regular season 5-4 facing some tough matchups.  They pulled out some great important wins this season including our Bel Air game and Homecoming night vs. North Harford.  The team traveled to Milford Mill on Friday where they played tough but did not pull out a win against the defending 2A state champs.
Golf
Under new leadership from Mrs. Berardelli and a great group of athletes this season, the golf team did extremely well in the conference and at states. The team came in 6th place for 2A/1A at states, with junior Jack Geyer earning 3rd, just 2 strokes behind the best score.
Cheerleading
The cheer team has done incredibly well this fall season, not only on the sidelines supporting our football team and engaging our fans, but also in their competition season.  Last week they placed 2nd in the UCBACS moving them onto regionals which took place at HCC this past weekend.  They earned 4th place and are now the 8th seed in the state moving forward. They will compete in states this weekend 11/11 at HCC 12pm. Tickets will be sold on GoFan for those interested in attending.
Girls’ Volleyball
1st place regular season conference champs, the girl’s volleyball team ended their regular season 13-2.  They won their first playoff game last week in 3 sets vs. NH and play today at home, at 5pm vs. HTECH in the regional semi-finals. Tickets are on GoFan for purchase.
Girls Soccer
After playing a tough regular season schedule, the girls’ soccer team fought hard at home and on the road defeating North Harford and Rising Sun earning them the Regional Champ title.  This past Friday they played Century in the state quarterfinals, winning in penalty kicks.  They will take on Sparrow’s Point HS on Friday, 11/10 at 7:30pm. The game will be played at neutral site Bel Air HS. Come out and support the team by buying a ticket on GoFan.
Boys’ and Girls’ XC
Last, but certainly not least is our Cross County team.  As always, the program has done very well this year, with Indvidual runners winning at UCBACs and the boy’s taking home 1st place at Regions last Thursday, and the girl’s earning 2nd.  8 athletes made all region, and they will continue to compete this Saturday, 11/11 at Hereford HS for States.  There is a $5 parking fee for those who wish to come out and support.

Consider coming out to a playoff game or stopping by the gym today to watch girls’ volleyball or follow along on the mpssaa.org site for playoff details.