The student news site of C. Milton Wright High School

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

The Pony Express

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Upcoming Senior Activities

What’s the Fun About?

If you’re a senior, I’m sure you’re excited to finally get out of high school and start your real-world life. I’m sure you’re also excited about the upcoming senior activities happening at C Milton Wright. But if you have any questions about the senior activities, this article will help you out.

I interviewed Ms. Bales, the assistant principal at C Milton Wright, about the senior activities and here’s what she had to say:

Q: What are the senior activities about? Like what are they for?

A: So, for senior activities, the first thing that’s coming up is our senior meeting on March 22nd during homeroom. It’s really important that all seniors attend. There’s a lot of information about graduation and prom and things like that. That’s on March 22nd. That’s also when third quarter ends, so everybody should be working to get their grades up since 4th quarter is shorter for seniors than it is for everybody else. And then in April, you should really work hard to get your work done. Tickets would be available for Hershey Park and you’ll be buying prom tickets; those kinds of things are in preparation for graduation.  May 4th is prom; information will be coming about that. The senior trip is on May 23rd, and then the day after that is graduation. The trip paperwork has already come out, and in addition to all that, Project Graduation, which is not associated with school, has other activities that they’re planning, so you’ll have to check their website. There’s a board outside of the cafeteria, so you can make sure that you stay up to date on all their activities as well.

Q: Are the senior activities something like a reward for seniors after completing high school?

A: Yeah, I mean any time there’s some closure with leaving a school, it’s nice to be able to celebrate that. So, the senior trip, prom, yeah, I would definitely say that those are more reward type things and May 17th is Senior Awards too. But like I said, check the project graduation information because they do have some additional things that they’re doing as well.

Thanks to Ms. Bales for giving out the best information she can give about senior activities, and if you have any questions or need additional information about senior activities, you should check the project graduation website for information that you need or about questions that you have.