Getting to know C. Milton Wright Cross Country team

Miranda Turner

On September 18th C. Milton Wright High School Cross Country team ran the Bull Run at Herford Highschool. CMW got 3rd place out of 20 schools. The top 5 girls from that race are Sophie Skinner, Ella Sawyne, Ellie Bassham, Lauren Tooman and Morgan Perry. C. Milton Wright High School Cross Country team has a meet today September 28th at Churchville Rec. The schools that will also be running are Bel Air High School, Fallston, Patterson Mill, and Harford Tech.   

One of the runners that will be running today is Sophie Skinner. She is a senior and has been on the Cross-Country team since Freshman year. Sophie’s personal best time is 20.55 and by the end of the season she wants to get under 20 minutes. Sophie eats a lot of Carbs and lots of water the night before a race. She plans on running XC in college. She has her eyes on Millersville.  

Ella Swayne will also be running in today’s race. Ella is a Junior and has been running Cross Country since Freshman year. Ella’s personal best time is 21.22 and by the end of the season her goal is to have her time under 21 minutes. Ella chose Cross Country because her older brother ran, and she didn’t like running at all. But now she loves running and runs almost every single day.  

States are just around the corner and each runner is preparing themselves mentally and physically for the big race. Each runner has a goal set for themselves and is determined to get to that goal by the end of the season.