The Pony Express

2018 Firefly Music Festival

Graceann DiPeso

As summer approaches and the countdown begins, students as ecstatic to think about all the activities they have been longing for all year.

For some students, it is the Firefly Music Festival in Dover, Delaware, also known as the Woodlands. This is one of the largest music festivals in the country where people from all over travel to camp out and listen to some of the greatest artists all weekend. This is a four-day music festival and a great way to start the summer.

Firefly is overall general admission where you receive a cute bracelet to last you each day. This is your admission to the festival as well as the camp ground you’ve paid for. There are also VIP tickets to have a chance backstage with the artists as well as only single day admission for those who don’t want to stay all four days.

One of the most famous attractions at the Woodlands is The Coffee House. The coffee is great, and the live music is even better. There is the Market along the grounds where you can find beautiful handmade items. The Thicket is a great place to go and dance to incredible DJs. The Nook is a great place to relax and kick back on the hammocks before your favorite artists come on. If you visit the Treehouse, you can experience some great acoustic vibes. During the day, the festival is beautiful. However, the day doesn’t do the grounds justice until the night. The Pathway is set in the forest with extravagant colors and light displays, nothing like you’ve seen before.

Firefly Music Festival is a fantastic way to kick off the summer. Don’t fret if you’ve missed it this summer, the Woodlands come back again next summer! Catch great new artists in 2019, but don’t forget to check out the highlights from this summer of 2018!