The Pony Express

Summer Adventure Locations

Sostak, Cathy

Sostak, Cathy

Maddy Hill

Every summer people look for outdoor locations nearby to go hiking or kayaking ect. When the weather gets nice, everyone wants to be outside. Here is a list of outdoor places in Harford County to go adventuring.

Rocks State Park– this is labelled an easy hike. The trails are laid-out and well maintained. The hike is about 200ft to the water where you can go swimming or tubing. The address is 1200 St Clair Bridge Rd, Street, MD 21154

Gunpowder Falls State Park Pleasantville Area– This is also labelled an easy hike, about 100ft to the water. This area is better for swimming or just dipping your feet in; some parts are very rocky. The address is 2700 Bottom Rd, Fallston, MD 21047

Eden Mill Nature Center– Eden Mill is a good place for walking trails and looking at wildlife. They have a nature center set up where you can go inside and learn more about the ecosystem and wildlife of Eden Mill. They have several trails which are well maintained and labeled as easy hikes. You can sign up to go on nature tours with them where you swim and kayak in designated areas with a tour guide. For younger kids they have summer camps that you can sign them up for where they learn about nature and have fun. The address is 1617 Eden Mill Rd, Pylesville, MD 21132

Ma & Pa Trail @ Williams Street– This is more of a nature walk or run than a hike. The paths are paved in gravel and are labelled a moderate hike due to some hills and the length of the trail. You can walk, run, or bike the trails. The address is 422 Williams St, Bel Air, MD 21015

Stoney Demonstration Forest– This is labelled a difficult hike, so if you’re looking for a challenge this is a good place to go. It’s about a 1700ft hike to a stream where you can cool off. They have maps you can follow and trails to walk or bike. Parking is along Nova Scotia Rd and you’re not supposed to block the gate to the parking lot. The address is 3276 Nova Scotia Rd, Bel Air, MD 21015

Jerusalem Mill Villiage– This is labelled an easy hike. The paths are laid out and mapped out and they are well maintained. The trails go on for a good bit but the trail with water is about 400ft long to the water. These trails are good for observing wildlife and they aren’t usually busy. The address is 2813 Jerusalem Rd, Kingsville, MD 21087