The Pony Express

Senior Trip Needs a Change 

Caroline Dooling

For the past several years, the senior trip has always been to Hershey Park. It’s expected, and people enjoy it, but frankly, it’s tired and students want a change, something new and fresh. The question is, where else is there to go? Where else would high school seniors like to go for their class trip? 

One different, new place could be Six Flags. Although very similar to Hershey Park, it’s not as heavily attended by our student population. For many people, it would be somewhere different to go instead of the same old trip. 

Another differing option could be to travel to the Adventure Park in Sandy Springs, Maryland. The park has  13 trails through the woods that include bridges and ziplines. On the 13 trails, students can explore over 190 unique challenges to conquer. The only downside would be for the students afraid of heights, but the heights are varying and many rides in an amusement park include tall rides too. 

The next option could be a place called, Zavazone in Rockville, Maryland. Zavazone is an indoor adventure park that includes ninja courses, rope courses, trampolines, climbing challenges, ziplines, and more! This place would be super fun for all the seniors because there’s such a variety of things to do in one space. 

One last option is a trip to Guppy Gulch Waterpark in Delta, Pennsylvania which is right over the Maryland and Pennsylvania line. If you’ve ever been there, you know that this park is super fun. The quarry is filled with inflatables to climb and bounce on. They also have waterslides, ziplines, sun decks, boulder jumping, and climbing walls. And once you get tired on swimming around, they also have a 3D paintball target range, go karts, bumper boats, a human sized foosball court, and more. 

There are so many diverse, unique, and fun places to explore near us that students would enjoy even more than just Hershey Park. It’s an amusement park that everyone at C. Milton has attended at some point so students should be able to go out and have different experiences at a brand-new park. Go somewhere different for a change. 

The Senior Class Council should consider a change in venue for future senior trips, so students can look forward to going on them because they won’t just be going to the same place they’ve been to a million times.