The student news site of C. Milton Wright High School

The Pony Express

Everything Homecoming

Hannah Lorenzo and Graceann DiPeso

Do you know what the best time of year is? Well we do! It’s homecoming season! Where girls get to dress in the prettiest gowns, escorted by their handsome dates. Each year just gets better and better. While we all await the day, we have a full week of excitement.

Spirit Week (October 9-13) starts with “Get Up and Go” Day.  Dress in your most comfortable nighttime attire. As we bring on Tuesday, travel to your favorite place and wear the apparel of that destination. Wednesday, let’s take it all the way out of this world. Come dressed in your best space suits. We go way back on Thursday, for our biggest throwbacks.  Come as a 60’s hippee, 50’s flapper, 80’s Madonna, or Roman Goddess. Friday is everyone’s favorite, Spirit Day.  Each class wears its corresponding class color.  Freshmen are in grey, Sophomores are in Carolina Blue, Juniors in White, and Senior deck-out their Black sweats.

At the PEP Rally, we celebrate all the fall sports. Fun, ridiculous games are played are played by staff and students as we roar to cheer on our classmates, making memories that will last a life time. During lunch on Friday, there will be a backdrop in the cafeteria with fun props where pictures can be taken.

The day is finally here! Early morning hair appointments, last minute tie buying, and Senior Class Council decorating the gym for the big day. The Homecoming theme this year is “Moroccan Nights”. There will be starry lights and beautiful, colorful drapes to dance under. Tickets are selling at 25 dollars a ticket. They are on sale 10/2-10/4 in the morning from 7 am to 7:20 am in the auditorium.  In the afternoon, tickets will be sold in room 334 from 2:10 to TBD.

Come to dance the night away and make memories with your friends.

Jake Hofmann said, “I am most excited for the homecoming football game against Bel Air High School because it’s senior year. I am also very ecstatic to show up to the Homecoming dance alone”.  We asked him if he had anything in particular to wear.  He said, “I want to wear something that will make my eyes pop. I was thinking a blue color tie, with black pants and a grey long sleeve. I am matching with Ryan Messer”. He seems to be very excited for Homecoming.

Many girls can’t wait to dress up. We talked to several girls about why they were excited for homecoming.

Olivia Hennessey says “I’m excited to engage with all my friends. I love getting all dressed up and doing my hair. It is exciting to see all my friends so pretty with their dresses on.”

Most girls are looking forward to seeing their friends all dressed up. It will be a great time!