The student news site of C. Milton Wright High School

The Pony Express

Best Books to Buy

Triza Mongare

Many people do not like to read books because they think it is boring or they would rather watch the movie. Watching the movie can be great but it’s nothing compared to the book. Fresh books are coming out that are new and exciting to read. We have a really good library here at school and the public library to find books. You can even use your phone if you want to read.

A new action filled book you’ll love is Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth, the author of the Divergent series. It is about a world set in another galaxy where everybody gets a “currentgift” which is a unique power to help shape the future. If you are into fantasy or science fiction, this is the perfect book for you.

The Inexplicable Logic of my Life is a book by Benjamin Saenz is a great story about an adopted boy’s struggle in senior year while dealing with his huge Mexican-American family and gay adopted dad. It is funny but it also gets into his history coming back to haunt him, and life altering events that force him to challenge his issues with faith, loss and grief.

The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard is a book that has been out for a while but the newest book in the series has come out and everyone loves it. Red Queen follows the storyline of “Reds” being commoners and the elite “Silvers” that have god-like power ruling over them. The story follows a seventeen-year-old girl born in poverty as a Red with a power, which is not common for people of her class. This book is perfect for anyone who is looking for a new series to read.

If none of these books sound interesting to you, don’t give up. You can find a ton of books you will love by using Goodreads, which is a website that shows you every single book with ratings and descriptions. If you really love books then you should join CMW’s book club, which meets once a month. Come in with a book you’ve read or just show up to listen to people talk about their books.